Hygiene Treatments in Edgecliff
At Edgecliff Dental we deliver a higher level of preventive care to maintain optimal dental and general health.
The emphasis on good oral hygiene is a very important part of our preventive care.
At the check up and clean visits, the dentist will carry out a comprehensive examination including a specialised periodontal (gum) and soft tissue examinations, checking of Jaw joint function, take diagnostic x-rays (when required), clean the teeth and apply fluoride.
The preventative care includes:
- Oral hygiene instructions which are personalised to your needs so that you will know the
best way to look after your mouth.
- Dental education for patients so that they have a better understanding of their problems.
- Dietary advice in relation to tooth decay.
- Re-mineralization advice on how to stop or prevent tooth decay if required.
- Removal of plaque and calculus (tartar) above and below the gum.
- Screening of the oral environment for cancer and other oral pathology.
- When necessary, X-Rays will be taken.
- Fissure sealing